Matt Avery, a.k.a. The Human Jukebox, has a mental library of over 4,000 songs. Not only is his songlist vast, with an act for every crowd from the Beverly Hills Hotel to the roughest roadhouses in the midwest, but his ability to sound like the original artist is uncanny. He is affectionately referred to in Key West as "the king of 80's hair rock".
Matt's talents are the result of over 25 years of professional entertaining. As well as selling many records (yes, records!) with his early 80's glam band Scarlet, he scored a record deal with his L.A. band, The Touch. With The Touch Avery played many of the renowned L.A. clubs such as The Troubador, Gazzari's, and The Whiskey Au Go-Go. The Touch was also a winner on Ed McMahon's Star Search in 1990. But the fun fact about Avery that gets the most delight from audiences is that he was the guitarist and back-up vocalist for teen idol, Tiffany in 1986. He appeared with her on The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson, Solid Gold, American Bandstand with Dick Clark, and Top of the Pops. He was with Tiffany when her song "I Think We're Alone Now" topped the charts above Madonna and Michael Jackson.
In 1990 Matt put together his solo acoustic act and took it to the midwest and east coast where he became the #1 draw at Ohio's Put-In-Bay, one of Playboy magazine's top 10 pickup spots in the world. He became a household word in Columbus, Ohio and his promo slogan, "Matt Avery, where are you?....Averywhere" became very well known. Matt also put together a 3 piece rock combo called Matt Avery’s Fire which played the Columbus area asa well. After conquering that side of the U.S. Avery moved to Vegas in 2000 where he starred in several casinos. Perennial performances at Key West's Fantasy Fest and Spring Breaks at Mulcahy's Tavern led him to decide to make a permanent move here in 2001. From 2001 to late 2005, Matt was featured entertainer at Irish Kevin's. His regular gig since then has been Big 'Uns Sports Bar (Formerly The Bear Bottom Beach Club), 215 Duval St. at 42 years old he shows no signs of slowing down with one of the most energetic acts found anywhere.
National TV Apperances
* performance with teenage star Tiffany of "I Think We're Alone Now"
- -The Tonight Show with Johnny Carson *
- -Star Search with Ed Mcmahon (Winner)
- -American Bandstand with Dick Clark *
- -Solid Gold with Lisa Hartman *
- -Top Of The Pops with Nia Peeples *
- -Extra TV performance of "Obladi-Oblada" with Kato Kaelin
Local TV & Radio Appearances (Columbus Ohio)
National acts Matt has opened for
- WNCI radio (one of the largest radio market shares in the us) adds Matt Avery's star search winning single to their play list 1993
- WNCI radio - Avery featured on "Morning Zoo" Christmas Show 1993
- Avery featured on St Patrick's Day "Morning Zoo" 1993
- Avery featured on "Morning Zoo" TV and radio shows singing Beatles with Kato Kaelin 1995
- WSYX tv Avery featured talent on "Sports Zone" show labeled "Columbus' hardest working musician" by host Ronnie Duncan 1994
- WBZX radio - Avery featured on their first "Hometown" cd 1995
- WCBE radio - Avery featured on "Kids Sundae Show"; live music and interview 1996
- WNKO radio - Avery featured as hometown boy does good; taped music and interview 1993
Artists Matt Worked With & Other Events
- Stryper - Roberto Clements Stadium, San Juan, Puerto Rico 10,000 in attendance
- Pat Travers Band - Al Rosa Villa, Columbus OH. 2,000 in attendance
- Head East - Newport Music Hall, Columbus OH 2,000 in attendance
- Teen rock star Tiffany, Avery played guitar and sang back up. Tiffany scored two #1 hits and one top 10 hit as well as sold 8 million albums while Avery was involved
- Avery played guitar in backing band for The Drifters & The Marvellettes, Hyat ,New Years Eve party, Columbus OH 1992
- Performed on stage with Herman's Hermit's Peter Noone, Park of Roses 4th of July celebration 1993, Columbus OH
- Performed on stage with Kato Kaelin at "The Gathering" at The Continent, Columbus OH which aired on Extra TV 1995
- Performed short set of songs for Dick Clark at his American Bandstand restaurant, Columbus OH 1995
- Was featured entertainer, days at The Boathouse Bar, Put in Bay, Ohio, one of Playboy Magazines top ten singles resorts in the world.